United States: For any purchase under $100.00, you pay a flat rate of $6.00 for shipping via US Postal Service with tracking. We aim to ship within 2 days of receiving your order; very often it's the same day, if your order is placed in the morning. USPS typically takes 2-4 days to arrive, so you should expect to receive your order within 3-6 business days of ordering. You will receive tracking info via e-mail once your order ships and you can follow the progress of your package. Please allow an extra 2 business days during weeks of US holidays.
For any purchase over $100.00, USPS Priority Mail shipping is free to US addresses! Choose the free option from the shipping drop down at Check Out if you qualify.
Canada: SSYC charges $17.50 for shipping any size/weight package to Canada, using USPS mail until it reaches the border. Shipping will take approximately 8-10 business days unless the order is held by Customs. This can be watched using the tracking number you receive once your order ships.
Australia, Belguim, Bermuda, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emerates, United Kingdom: For purchases going to these countries, shipping is $22.50, which takes approximately 10 days, unless held up at Customs. Want to order but don't see your country listed here? E-mail us at email@example.com with your request.
Please note that SSYC is not responsible for duty or Customs fees applied by your country. We will not change the value on your package to avoid such fees.
In-store pickup: Want to pick up your order in the shop on our once-a-week open days or other working days at 11am? Choose In-store pickup as your shipping option at Check Out and then we'll hold it for you to pick up either at 11am by knocking on the orange shipping doors, or on one of our open days. If you'd like to pick up at 11am the day after your order, here are tips to make that happen:
- Choose the In Store Pickup option at Check Out (you aren't charged a shipping fee)
- In the "Order Comments" field, type the day you'll be picking up the yarn so we know to listen for your loud knock on the shipping doors.
- If you order before 11am, please don't expect that you'll be able to pick up the same day. We need a day (and longer over Holidays) to process. If you have questions, just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as usual. Also e-mail if you forget to put your date of pickup in that field, or if you can't make it to the shop afterall.
- Show up at 11am on the date you noted (or on any of our open days inside the shop) to pick up your goodies. Just knock loudly on the orange double doors on the parking lot side, and we will pass you your pretty package so you can get knitting! Don't knock on the front entry door b/c we won't hear you.
- If you have questions, just e-mail. And if it's around a holiday, we do take time off to be with our families. So please assume that the days before and after holidays, days when the weather is so bad that school is delayed or canceled, and on any Sunday that pickup is not an option.
- Please do not ask us to come in and "just grab one thing", color compare, or get assistance. We can't. We have certain things that have to get done at certain times to make the online portion of the shop work efficiently, and because that's what keeps us open for everyone to enjoy, we won't do anything that jeopardizes that flow. We just don't have extra staff to man the shop, answer project questions, watch for shoplifters, etc. Please don't ask, because we have to say no and it makes us all sad to disappoint you.
Buying yarn on the internet should not cause you any worry about color or texture. If you receive your yarn and realize it's not what you anticipated, you are welcome to return it back to us in its original condition within 60 days of your purchase date. Below is our 3-step return procedure:
1. All yarn to be returned should be in its original skeined condition; all tags in place, yarn weight the same, and no smells of smoke or perfume. We ask that all returns be preceded with an e-mail to email@example.com . In this e-mail, please indicate your full name, invoice number, and the yarn being sent back.
2. Once you receive a response, ship the item back to us using the delivery service of your choosing.
3. Once the item arrives here in safe condition, you will receive credit back on your credit card or Paypal account. Please note that your refund amount could be affected by our original shipping fees. For example: if you received free shipping on the original order and you return an item, you might now drop below the promotional free shipping mark, so the $6 shipping fee would be deducted. Similarly, if you return a large portion of a free shipping order, the corresponding original shipping cost would be deducted. If you paid $6 US shipping or a flat rate International shipping rate, and we paid more than that to ship your order, you would also pay the difference in your refund when returning some or all of your order.
We offer returns, not exchanges, because many of our items sell quickly. If you see something you want instead, place a new order online ASAP and simply follow the above procedure for a refund on the initial order. If you have returned several orders in a row, we will likely contact you before automatically shipping any new orders to discuss restocking fees on future returns.
We are unable to accept returns of items that are NOT just yarn. For example accessories such as knitting needles/tools, lotions/washes, food items, bags and totes, kits/clubs, pom poms, patterns or books are not eligible for return.