United States: For any purchase under $100.00, you pay a flat rate of $6.00 for shipping via US Postal Service with tracking. We aim to ship within 2 days of receiving your order; very often it's the same day, if your order is placed in the morning. USPS typically takes 2-4 days to arrive, so you should expect to receive your order within 3-6 business days of ordering. You will receive tracking info via e-mail once your order ships and you can follow the progress of your package. Please allow an extra 2 business days during weeks of US holidays.
For any purchase over $100.00, USPS Priority Mail shipping is free to US addresses! Choose the free option from the shipping drop down at Check Out if you qualify. Updated August 2022 - about 1% of our domestic packages do see delays of up to a month due to short staffing and logistic issues with USPS. A similar percentage of International packages see delays of over a month as well.
Canada: SSYC charges $20.50 for shipping any package to Canada, using USPS mail until it reaches the border. Shipping will take approximately 8-10 business days unless the order is held by Customs. This can be watched using the tracking number you receive once your order ships.
Australia, Belgium, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Arab Emerates, United Kingdom: For purchases going to these countries, shipping is $29.50, which takes approximately 10 days, unless held up at Customs. Want to order but don't see your country listed here? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Please note that SSYC is not responsible for VAT, duty or Customs fees applied by your country. We will not change the value on your package to avoid such fees. Effective July 1, 2021, EU member states will collect value added tax (VAT) for all goods entering the EU. The VAT ranges from 17% to 27% depending on the EU member state, not including any applicable duties or fees.
Contactless pickup: Want to pick up your order outside the shop from 11am-1pm Monday through Saturday? Choose Contactless Pickup as your shipping option at Check Out and then we'll hold it for you to pick up outside our orange shipping doors in the deck box, or on one of our open days. If you'd like to pick up from 11am-1pm the day after your order, here are tips to make that happen:
- Choose the Contactless Pickup option at Check Out (you aren't charged a shipping fee).
- In the "Order Comments" field, type the date you'll be picking up the yarn so we know to put your bag (labeled with your name) out in the deck box by the orange double doors on the parking lot side our our building.
- If you order before 11am, please don't expect that you'll be able to pick up the same day. We need a full 24 hours (and longer over Holidays) to process. If you ask us to wind it, please give a date 48 hours past your order date. If you have questions, just e-mail email@example.com as usual. Also e-mail if you forget to put your date of pickup in that field, or if you can't make it to the shop after all.
- Show up from 11am-1pm on the date you noted (or on any of our open days inside the shop) to pick up your goodies. Just park in our lot and look for the orange double doors on the parking lot side, and your bag will be labeled with your name inside the gray deck box outside those orange doors. If the deck box isn't there, we haven't had a full 24 hours (or more on weekends or holidays) to process, or have had scheduling issues. Please e-mail.
- If you have questions, just e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. And if it's around a holiday, we do take time off to be with our families. So please assume that the days before and after holidays and entire holiday weekends, days when the weather is so bad that school is delayed or canceled, and on any Sunday that pickup is not an option.
- Please do not knock to come in and "just grab one thing", color compare, or get assistance. We can't. We have certain things that have to get done at certain times to make the online portion of the shop work efficiently, and because that's what keeps us open for everyone to enjoy, we won't do anything that jeopardizes that flow. We just don't have extra staff to man the shop, answer project questions, watch for shoplifters, etc. Please don't ask, because we have to say no and it makes us all sad to disappoint you.
Buying yarn on the internet should not cause you any worry about color or texture. If you receive your yarn and realize it's not what you anticipated, you are welcome to return it back to us in its original condition within 60 days of your purchase date. Below is our 3-step return procedure:
1. All yarn to be returned should be in its original skeined condition; all tags in place, yarn weight the same, and no smells of smoke or perfume. We ask that all returns be preceded with an e-mail to email@example.com . In this e-mail, please indicate your full name, invoice number, and the yarn being sent back. If you ask us to wind your yarn, it is no longer eligible for return.
2. Once you receive a response, ship the item back to us using the delivery service of your choosing.
3. Once the item arrives here in safe condition, you will receive credit back on your credit card or Paypal account. Please note that your refund amount could be affected by our original shipping cost and processing fees. For example: if you received free shipping on the original order and you return an item, you might now drop below the promotional free shipping mark, so the $6 shipping fee would be deducted. Similarly, if you return a large portion of a free shipping order, the corresponding original shipping cost and fees would be deducted. If you paid $6 US shipping or a flat rate International shipping rate, and we paid more than that to ship your order, you would also pay the difference in your refund when returning some or all of your order.
We offer returns, not exchanges, because many of our items sell quickly. If you see something you want instead, place a new order online ASAP and simply follow the above procedure for a refund on the initial order. If you have canceled or returned several orders, we will likely contact you about cancelation and return fees on future orders. If you are using a coupon code for closeout yarns, please know those yarns are not eligible for return and are final sale.
We are unable to accept returns of items that are NOT just yarn. For example accessories such as knitting needles/tools, lotions/washes, food items, bags and totes, kits/clubs, pom poms, patterns or books are not eligible for return.